That yummy time of the year when things hot up and we consider beachwear. There are some gorgeous things out there; we've just brought you a snippet of what's available. Also, see below, for your chance to win some beachwear from EziBuy up to the value of $180!
Styling Considerations for Body Shapes
The following are things you may like to consider when you're looking for flattering swimwear this summer.
To all our lovelies that may have broad shoulders, big bust and/or possibly a bigger tummy than they'd like, consider...
- V-necks, crossover tops and shaping around the bust are great for reducing the appearance of the bust
- Wide straps will help to give you visual balance on your top half, as opposed to thin straps
- If you’ve got broad shoulders, wear wide straps, evenly positioned between the end of your shoulder and your neck. Avoid halter necks.
- Dark, solid colours are slimming
- Busy patterns can help to disguise lumps and bumps
- Ruching and pleats/tucks are good for disgusing and holding in the tum
- Consider a style with plain side panels, these give the illusion of making you look slimmer
- Many swimsuit brands now offer great support for the bust and upper torso
- Chances are you have fabulous legs, be sure to show them off with a flattering swimsuit leg line :)
These are our gorgeous girls whose bottom half is bigger than their top - hips, thighs and/or bottom.
- Avoid anything that’s attention grabbing, keep that for your fabulous top half
- Keep your styling plain
- Opt for dark, solid colours because they’re slimming
- Look for brands that offer extra support for your bottom area.
- A high cut leg will make your leg look longer and leaner. Don’t worry, we’re not talking excessively high. Avoid pants that cut across at the top of the leg because it will make your thighs and hips appear wider.
A straight shape, is when you don't have a waist as such, straight through :)
- Look for designs that give the appearance of a waist and curves
- If you’re flat chested, consider padded cups
- Depending on your size and comfort levels, you can wear any swimwear style.
Long Torso gorgeous
- Consider a two piece in a contrasting colour, e.g. a tankini, to break up the visual length of your upper body. Or a one-piece, that design wise has the same effect.
If you're buying support swimwear, make sure you get the right size, don't be tricked into thinking a smaller size will make you appear smaller - the excess has to go somewhere!!
Gorgeous Me loves...
The pattern, pleats & ruching, together with the shaping around the bust of these two swimsuits offer a very flattering look. Patterns help to disguise lumps and bumps, as does the pleating and ruching around the middle. A slightly higher leg, as seen on the left, helps to slim and elongate the leg line.
EziBuy Quayside One Piece Crossover Swimsuit, a range of prints & colours, from $69.99, sizes 8-20
EziBuy Quayside Secret Support Ruched, range of colours/patterns, from $39, sizes 8-20
EziBuy Sara Tiered One Piece, a range of prints & colours $99.99 - sizes 16-26
EziBuy Sara Crossover Tankini Top, a range of colours & prints, from $65, sizes 16-26
EziBuy Quayside Secret Support Wrap Camisole, from $39, sizes 8-20. I particularly like the slimming design of this one, slimming around the middle.
EziBuy Quayside Swimwear Knot Suit, also available in pink, from $65, sizes 8-20
EziBuy Sara Crossover One Piece, available in a range of prints & colours, from $69, sizes 16-26
EziBuy Sara Tie Dye Cover Up - $84.99, sizes 1X - 3X
Taking Shape Maldives Cover Up AUD $109.95, NZD $129.95, sizes 12-24
Taking Shape Bermuda Cover Up AUD $99.95, NZD $119.95, sizes S-L
Taking Shape Tropical Print Swimsuit AUD $119.95, NZD $144.95, sizes 12-24
Taking Shape Underwater Print Tankini AUD $79.95, NZD $94.95, sizes 12-24
For those that prefer a little more cover
Taking Shape Spliced Monotone Swimsuit AUD $119.95, NZD $144.95 sizes 12-24
Separates are a great option.
From left, clockwise
Taking Shape Borocay Swim Skirtini AUD $39.95, NZD $49.95, sizes 12-24
Taking Shape Ruffle Swim Skirt AUD $39.95, NZD $49.95, sizes 12-24
Taking Shape Cebu Boardshort AUD $39.95, NZD $49.95, sizes 12-24
Taking Shape Bali Swim Short AUD $39.95, NZD $49.95, sizes 12-24
Taking Shape Lanai High Waist Swim Brief AUD $29.95, NZD $37.95, sizes 12-24
From left, clockwise
Nancy Ganz V-Neck Shaping Swimsuit AUD $189.95, NZD $209.95 - sizes 10-18
Nancy Ganz Chic Control Swimsuit AUD $159.95, NZD $199.95 - sizes 10-18
Nancy Ganz Laguna Swim Dress AUD $179.95, NZD $179.95 - sizes 10-18
Nancy Ganz Ultra Shaping Tankini Top, also in black AUD $99.95, NZD $119.95 - sizes 10-18
Nancy Ganz High Waist Swim Brief AUD $69.95, NZD $89.95, sizes 10-18
Nancy Ganz, the brand that brings you amazing shapewear. Nancy Ganz is available in Australia through Nancy Ganz stores & online, and in New Zealand through Farmers and some styles through EziBuy.
Moontide Mod Spliced Freedom Bandeau Top & Spliced Fold Down Pant, sizes 8-16
Moontide Mod Spliced Underwire Bandeau Top & Spliced Pant, sizes 8-16
Moontide Mod Spliced Tank Swimsuit, size 8-14
Moontide Mod Spliced Swimsuit, sizes 8-14
Moontide Tattoo Mesh Cami Dress, size 8-14
Moontide Contours Square Neck Tankini, range of colours, sizes 10-16
Moontide Jacquard Stripe Freedom Bandeau Top & Standard Pant, sizes 8-16
Moontide Jacquard Stripe Halter Swimsuit, sizes 10-16
Moontide Bauhinia Twist Swimsuit, sizes 8-16
Moontide Twist Swimsuit, various colours, sizes 10-18
Moontide Contours Mesh V-Wire Long Dress, range of colours, sizes 10-16
Moontide Rainforest Ruched Underwire Top & Ruched Front Pant, sizes 8-16
Moontide Rainforest Underwire Tankini & Ruched Side Hipster Pant, sizes 8-16
Moontide Contours Wrap Tri Swimsuit, range of colours, sizes 10-16
Moontide Twist Freedom Cup Bandeau Top & Twist Pant, sizes 8-16
Moontide Reversible Solids - Reversible Ruched Bandeau Tankini & Reversible Ruched Front Pant, various colours, sizes 10-18
Our darling friends at EziBuy would like to make one Gorgeous Me member look even more gorgeous this summer. They are offering a Swimsuit or Beach Cover Up from their latest collection up to the value of $120, PLUS a cool tote bag for all your beachy essentials. Who’s keen?
To enter, simply send us an email titled “I’d love to win EziBuy swimwear”, providing us with your name, address, phone number and Swimwear choice (swimwear or cover up) - style number, size and colour/pattern (if applicable). Please also provide us with a second option in case your first is not available. There’s so many gorgeous things to choose from - check it out here. See terms and conditions below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entries close on Monday 1 December 2014 @ 5pm (NZST).
- Prize consists of one EziBuy swimwear style and tote bag (style 119616) to the maximum value of $180. Colours and sizes may vary. Winner must select from available styles online at ezibuy.co.nz.
- The winner must be a signed up Gorgeous Me member (signed up to receive our emails) at the time of the 'prize draw'.
- The winner will be selected by Gorgeous Me as part of a random draw. All Gorgeous Me members are eligible.
- No correspondence will be entered into, other than the entry criteria. The judges decision will be final.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash, transferred to another person or held for later use.
- The winner will be announced in Gorgeous Me's next style email and by individual email.
- The winner agrees for Gorgeous Me to promote their win in all its communications as it sees fit.
- Gorgeous Me & EziBuy reserve the right to withdraw or alter the conditions of this competition.
You may also be interested in
Great Ways to Tie a Sarong