I caught up with a girlfriend on the weekend and as a house warming present, she gave me a copy of this awesome cookbook from Annabel Langbein - ‘Winter Goodness’. Yum does not even begin to describe how mouth-watering the recipes are. Annabel is very practical in her approach and I love and appreciate the tips she injects throughout the book.
While the whole book is fabulous, there are three sections that win it hands down for me - 1) a weekly meal planner, including great Friday night takeaway substitutes (cheaper and much healthier for you, including fish 'n' chips and a KFC substitute), 2) slow-cooker meals that you can use the left-overs to create a different meal the following night and, the best bit, 3) ‘everything old is new again’ and by this she means the good old-fashioned family favourite puddings - lemon meringue pie (my fav), toffee date pudding with butterscotch sauce, apple pie, saucy chocolate puddings… do I need to go on!
I just love the weekly meal planner within 'Winter Goodness'
My favourite part of the book just happens to have one of my favs - Lemon Meringue Pie!
I said to my friend that I wish someone would invent a wee button for each page that you could push and voila, magically the whole dish is before you. Oh wouldn’t that be fabulous. Imagine.
Anyone keen for a copy of Annabel’s fabulous new cookbook - Winter Goodness? Annabel’s team is giving us two as a giveaway for Gorgeous Me members. To enter, simply send us an email, subject line “I’d love to win ‘Winter Goodness’ by Annabel Langbein”, together with your contact details, and you’re in the draw to win one of two copies. Entries close 18 May @ 5pm. See below for terms and conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entries close on Monday 18 May @ 5pm (NZST).
- Prize consists of one of two copies of Annabel Langbein's new cookbook - Winter Goodness.
- The winners must be signed up Gorgeous Me members (signed up to receive our emails) at the time of the 'prize draw'.
- The winner will be selected by Gorgeous Me as part of a random draw. All Gorgeous Me members are eligible.
- No correspondence will be entered into, other than the entry criteria. The judges decision will be final.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The winners will be announced in Gorgeous Me's next style email and by individual email.
- The winners agree for Gorgeous Me to promote their win in all its communications as it sees fit.
- Gorgeous Me reserves the right to withdraw or alter the conditions of this competition.