Before we head too far down the track with how to apply makeup, we thought it was a good idea to share with you some tips for makeup removal.
It is vital to the health and wellness of your skin that you remove ALL makeup, every day. If you don’t, you can become more susceptible to breakouts, blackheads, skin irritations and premature ageing.
- Use eye makeup remover to remove your eye makeup, not a facial cleanser. The skin around your eyes is soft and delicate, so it’s important to use a dedicated eye makeup remover. A bi-phase (oil and water) cleanser is best for waterproof/long-wearing makeup. I choose to wear a non-waterproof mascara so it’s easier to remove and gentler on my eyes. Here's an earlier blog on cost-effective eye makeup removers.
- Cream or milk style cleansers are best for removing face makeup; they’re soft, gentle and nourishing.
- Facial wipes are good for those nights when you’re in a rush. They’re also very handy for travelling.
- Always use a toner to rebalance the skin after cleansing, it also removes any cleaner residue or remaining makeup – you will also use less moisturiser! Apply moisturiser to damp skin after toning - and distinguish between day and night creams, it’s important for the overall health and appearance of your skin.
- And before you tuck yourself up into bed, consider moisturising the rest of your body, especially the top of your hands, neck, chest and lips. Your skin will love you for it.
Thank you Revlon for your contribution to this article.
from left, clockwise
Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage™ Facial Cleansing Foam - RRP $17.50
Revlon Eterna 27+™ Softening Cleansing Milk
Revlon Colorstay Eye & Makeup Remover (not shown)
L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Milky Foam - RRP$18.39
L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Rejuvenating Cleansing wipes - RRP$18.39
Garnier Clean Sensitive 2-in-1 Gentle Make-up Remover - RRP$12.99
L’Oréal Paris Waterproof Make-Up Remover for Eyes and Lips - RRP$18.39
Maybelline New York Total Clean Express Makeup Remover - RRP$9.99
left to right
Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage™ Toner - RRP $17.50
Revlon Eterna 27+™ Soothing Toning Water
Please note, the products profiled above are not to scale.
OTHER BLOGS IN OUR MAKEUP 'HOW TO' SERIES:
cover image: pinterest.com/pin/249035054367721549/