You come away from the salon looking GORGEOUS but struggle to recreate the look at home. We thought these "How to Blow Dry Hair Like a Pro" tutorials might help you style your look. I pity those with long hair, you almost need stretchy long arms for the process, not to mention it being a good workout for your arms!
Key Hair Drying Tips
Regardless of hair type, the key tips we picked up from the professionals are:
- Gently towel dry your hair first to remove the excess water. Don't rub it, especially those with curls and fine hair.
- Use a wide tooth comb/brush or your fingers on wet hair, to retain the hair's natural elasticity
- Use product to protect your hair and help tame it before you start to dry it
- Roughly dry your hair off first, so it's about 80% dry before you start blow-dry styling it
- Work with the hair's natural grain, never against it, i.e. direct the air down the hair shaft, not up it
- Once done, complete the drying process with cool air from your dryer to cool the hair down and lock in the style.
How to Blow Dry Hair Quickly
HOW TO BLOW DRY Long Hair
HOW TO Straighten Short Hair
HOW TO BLOW DRY Curly Hair
There are two parts to this video, goodness knows why, they could've easily combined them into one!
HOW TO BLOW DRY Fine, Delicate Hair
And here are some further tips
Now you'll be creating the look of the professionals :)